The art of massage promotes healing and has recuperative benefits.
Massage relieves everyday stress and tension by increasing flexibility
and improving circulation. I work at comfort and privacy of your own
home. I am certified massage therapist, schooled in most massage
techniques, including Shiatsu, Swedish massage, and other advanced
massage therapies. Please contact me for details or to schedule a
healing session. Call at 416-419-4990 or click here to send me a e-mail.
What is Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy involves the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body to prevent and alleviate pain,
discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress. Additionally, it improves the function of the circulatory, lymphatic and
nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injuries and illnesses. There are
many forms of massage including:
* Swedish â€“ The relaxing massage.
* Sports Massage â€“ This involves focused massage on the muscle groups relevant to sport performance.
* Pressure point therapy â€“ This form of massage is for specific diseases and injuries.
Benefits of Massage Therapy to Health
Massage increases body awareness and leads to improved health and well-being. For pain-relief it works in a
variety of ways by:
* Promoting muscle relaxation
* Increasing Lymphatic Circulation resulting in decreasing inflammation.
* Breaking up scar tissue and adhesions.
* Promotes blood flow through the muscles.
* Promotes drainage of waste products.
For general health benefits massage can do the following:
* Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
* Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
* Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces
formation of excessive scar tissue
8 Reduces muscle spasms
* Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
* Enhances athletic performance
* Promotes deeper and easier breathing
* Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
* Reduces blood pressure
* Helps relieve tension-related headaches and
* Effects of eye-strain
* Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
* Improves posture
* Strengthens the immune system
* Fosters peace of mind
* Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
* Helps relieve mental stress
* Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
* Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
* Satisfies needs for caring â€” nurturing touch
* Fosters a feeling of well-being
* Reduces levels of anxiety
* Increases awareness of mind-body connection
As modern society rediscovers the benefits of traditional therapies like massage, people are increasingly looking
to touch-based manual therapies for the relief from stress, physical pain, and dysfunction. In our fast-paced
and stress laden society massage can provide a way to relieve stress symptoms and reduce the negative impacts
stress has on the body.
What conditions can massage therapy help?
Massage has been found to help with the symptoms of the following conditions:
* Asthma and bronchitis
* Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
* Circulatory Problems
* Chronic and acute pain
* Gastrointestinal disorders
* Low back pain
* Immune function disorders
* Myofascial pain
* Reduced range of motion
* Sports injuries
* Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
* Discomforts of pregnancy